Friday, August 18, 2006

A College Woman & Responsibility?

I was telling J.V. the other day that my motto for this semester is, "To do what's right." I know, the ultimate of cheesy, but it's true. I'm taking some classes that demand reading (Great Books), working a 15 hour week as an Ambassador, and also participating as the "Coordinator of Infants Through Ones" at Highview. It's work, it's not always fun, but it's "the right thing to do" in this season of life. All of these commitments have brought up the concept of responsibility and discipline. Several times I've been tried to be persuaded that I should go see a movie, and had to decline (weekends, friends), and go do a load of laundry and read. Other times I've been asked to go play a game, and had to instead enjoy reading Mythology.

My planner has become my best friend and my reading glasses have kept the position of my right-hand-man. Just today I took a deep sigh as I slid into my 8:30 class and congratulated myself on making it through a week of classes....Only to discover 20 minutes later that I didn't need this class with the changes they had made with the Christian Ed. and Church Leadership degree. 2 hours later, I have now memorized the classes being offered, dropped a class, added a class, talked with an advisor about my education, ran by academic records, and now sit in utter defeat of any kind of congratulations to bestow upon myself.

With all that said on responsibility, I'm off on vacation to enjoy a much needed weekend of relaxation, ‘destress’, and fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I am very proud of you. You have done a great job saying no to movies and games this week. Also, I want to appologize for being a bad influence and for trying to get you to be irresponsible. You have actually inspired me this week to do whats right. Thanks.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Cavie Family said...

Guess what! Stephanie has tagged you!:)
http://caviefamily.blogspot.com/

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be busy if you haven't updated since August!

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home