Thursday, August 03, 2006

2 College Women & A Suitcase


I arrived in Louisville late yesterday afternoon. In what felt like 200 degree weather, I began the task of unloading a packed car. By my 5th trip up to my dorm room, I decided that I would wait for my good friend J.V. before trying the impossible task of getting a really stuffed suitcase out of the trunk. J.V. arrived from work and agreed to helping in my endeavor...So off we went to my car.
Upon opening the trunk we stared in silence at a "Tuscan orange" suitcase that was bulging in every direction. My Dad had kindly hoisted it and plopped it into the trunk, and as to getting it out--That would be a whole adventure in itself. But with determination J.V. and I grabbed on and pulled with all our strength! It didn't budge. 5 min. later, we had examined the suitcase from every angle, stopped pulling every time a car passed because of how stupid we were looking, and I was beginning to chant along with J.V.'s new motto "pull up and out, up and out, no Lauren, up and then out." Finally we decided to give it one last heave before giving up, and with that the suitcase came out and we almost fell over onto the pavement with the momentum we had built up. One could then observe us pulling it up the stairs and watching it fall over every time we had to put it down. Needless to say, I have mastered the art of packing a lot and the joy of unpacking it all again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home