Wednesday, July 12, 2006

2 College Women & a Coffee Pot

One of my best friends, Lacy, is spending a couple of days with me. Being the kind of people that must have that all sought after cup of coffee, we found ourselves staring at my parent's coffee maker one afternoon. My parents were at church at a meeting, and I did not know how to work our new coffee appliance. Dialing my Dad's faithful cell phone, he quickly began repeating to me the instructions (repeating as in I could hear my Mom's worried voice who was sitting next to my Dad instructing him what to say...). Lacy and I decided we were indeed 2 college-aged women and that we were perfectly capable of making this pot of coffee.

Lacy carefully poured the indicated amount of water needed, while I scooped cups of coffee beans into the...um...bean thing. After mashing the "on" button, we listened to the coffee beans grind and then sat in silence waiting for the little trickle noise of the coffee to come down into the pot. A long while past (i.e. 5 min.) and I made the executive decision to try turning it off/on to see if maybe it had gotten stuck. This presented an awkward situation, because after reviving the coffee maker, it proceeded not to turn back on. I began crying out, "We've killed it, we're dead, we're dead!" --While Lacy continued on in her search of coffee by unplugging the whole contraption. Finally, the little light indicated it was "on," and a few minutes later we had a nice pot of (unusually strong...I lost count of how many scoops of beans to put in) coffee.

Triumphantly, we carried our cups of coffee into the den to watch a tv show. About 30 minutes later I went back into the kitchen for something or other, and discovered that the coffee maker had not finished brewing and coffee covered the kitchen counter....I decided that this would be an area of work before considering getting married.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily O. said...

Haha...fun times. I'll teach you how to make a good pot of coffee - after 8 months of marriage, I've mastered it!

8:35 AM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

O yay! It's like the Titus 2 women...The Bible comes to life.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home