Friday, June 30, 2006

8th Grade Mission Trip


For the past couple of summers my parents have been in charge of our church's 8th grade mission trip. Each summer we send our 8th graders off to some location in Florida for a week of Backyard Bible Clubs and surveying. This past week I got to be a "worker," and off we went to North Port, Florida. Our 8th graders did a marvelous job at their Bible Clubs, surveying in the 90-something-degree heat, and then participating in our host church's VBS at night! I got to be a chaperone for 3 of the girls at night and officially proclaimed myself a middle school worker when finding out the joy of plunging a toilet at 11:30 at night. Also, I learned that middle school workers are the first ones up, last ones to bed, and constantly encouraging during the day. I wearily drove home late this afternoon....Tired, yet knowing that I absolutely love 8th graders..... (More to come)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Alexis Ellis?

4:22 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

It's true!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

90 degree heat... if only.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some heat would be nice here down under...

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home