Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Recap

The past week has been a blur of business! J.V. and I did indeed make it safely to the Convention after a nice 12 hour drive stopping at every Starbucks that peppered our route, and rededicating our lives when a fierce storm hosted our remaining 2 hour journey to North Carolina. I am still pondering all the lessons God taught me at the SBC. One would not really assume that this would be the ground that I would receive a spiritual refreshing....But it was. I was telling J.V. late one night during our stay that I needed this week and that it was as if God just opened my eyes to things that needed to be seen for so long. From confirmation to prayer requests, to catching a glimpse of God's beautiful plans and ways, I found myself in awe of a God who goes the extra mile in details!

One moment during the Convention that I know I will always cherish is that of getting to see my beloved pastor, Dr. Jerry Vines. I had caught glimpses of him all week, but did not see an opportune moment at stopping him. J.V. and I came back to our (amazing) hotel early one night and happened to be walking by him. In passing, I greeted him. He turned and said, "Hello, Girls," paused, then came over and hugged us. After introductions were made, Dr. Vines continued to stand with us and talk for several minutes. Tears welled up in my eyes later that night as I thought about this great man and the time he took in touching two college girls' hearts.

Upon returning from the Convention Thursday afternoon, I had a bit of time to recuperate before watching the Scroggins children for 10 hours Friday. During this very interesting time of having charge over an entire army of little ones, I realized what a joy it will be one day to have a family of my own.

On a final note, I will be delighted at the sight of my Mom tonight when we meet at the airport tonight. Then tomorrow after church (for that is the right thing to do), we will head off to beautiful Florida for a 5 week dedication to relaxation....Maybe.

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Say to hi to your mom on my behalf. Watching her and Cole Harper talk at Scott & Emily's wedding is a moment who's memory will always make me smile.

5:21 AM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

I told her, she smiled and laughed. Ü

6:46 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Always good to know. Do you still use the sweetlittleduncan e-mail? I'm not sure if the one I've been sending my bulk prayer list to is correct.

8:45 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Yes, that e-mail address does work...(I have several.)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Good to know.

7:17 AM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

I have really enjoyed getting to read your updates...Praying for you!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home