Saturday, July 01, 2006

8th Grade Mission Trip, cont.

Late one night I found myself sleepily helping one of my girls on how to share the Gospel in a quick, easy way. The next morning I prayed that she would be able to present the Gospel to the 8 children in our Backyard Bible Club with ease. As she launched into telling of God's love, I noticed that a mom had decided to stay and was sitting at a back table. My 8th grade girl continued to share with them about Jesus and His gift, and had 6 children indicate that they wanted to accept Christ as their Savior-- Two of the children happened to be those of the woman at the back. After refreshments were passed out and the kids were playing with balloons, I made my way over to the woman and asked her if she had ever made the decision her kids had just done. She told me 'no,' and in the next few minutes I was able to share with her the Gospel. After she accepted Christ, I was able to find her a Bible and encourage her before our time was up to leave....How beautiful it is to see a family come to Christ.





36 8th graders, 16 chaperones, 74 salvations. Praise God.




Classic Quote From the Week:
After the toilet became clogged, one of my girls turned to me and said, "Isn't there a button that you press inside to reset it?"

4 Comments:

Blogger The Fosters said...

Cole, you make my day...
Hmmm, the coolest thing I've done so far? Encouraged two 8th grade boys to jump out of the luggage compartments that are over the seats of a bus and scare a girl walking by...(I have it on video).

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at my camp, they made us go to our stupid dorm room at midnight. and to think last year they let us stay up till 3:00 a.m. ...

10:27 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Christopher--You cease to amaze me.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christopher is just thrilled at the conclusion of this blog-- the part about how you just love 8th graders that is. Did I mention that he starts the 8th grade in a mere matter of weeks?

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home