Monday, July 31, 2006

The Gospel and Mickey Mouse

Many of you who don't know me and read my blog must think I'm not very spiritual or just a fruitcake. I've decided my blog is usually going to consist of the humor in life, and that the spiritual matters of my heart can be left up to those who actually interact with me in a face-to-face friendship. But with all that said, I must let you in on something that took place yesterday...

Several weeks ago I asked God to break my heart over the lost--Little did I know that that would become a desire as I walked the miles of the Magic Kingdom yesterday. Throughout my day, my thoughts kept wandering to the "lostness" of humanity and wondering how many of those thousands of people in the park would enter into eternity without Christ. While waiting in line for Space Mountain, I began to ponder all the pictures of the galaxies and stars and thought about how God knew that I would one day behold His creation while waiting for a ride in a packed line. As my day continued, a love was beginning to grow in my heart for the lost. Afternoon turned to evening and we piled into the car for the trip back to Jacksonville. A couple of hours later we stopped for gas, and Lacy and I encountered a really long wait for the bathroom due to the lack of toilet paper (that is a story in itself). As we were awaiting the return of toilet paper, I watched the Indian man who was working the counter. He seemed a little flustered when a coffee pot overbrewed, the line was backing up, and he was then trying to clean up the coffee remains. I knew the Holy Spirit was trying to tell me something I didn't want to hear, and shuffled back to the car. The doors were locked, seat belts were on, and suddenly I exclaimed, "I can't do this; I have to go back and witness to that man!"

Rushing into the store, I found him trying to mop up coffee. In such a random way I found myself asking him about Heaven-to which he responded in broken English he had no idea how to get there. More customers entered and I told him I would wait. My Mom came in and brought with her a tract to leave...As we waited in line, God was asking me to go a step further and start to mop up the rest of the floor. As I picked up the old mop, it suddenly hit me how Jesus got involved in other's lives and showed them an indescribable love. Our turn came in line and as he took the tract, he glanced at the inside and gave me one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen and thanked me. For the remaining hour of our drive, I quietly pondered Christ's love, the beauty of a seed being planted, and the need for the Gospel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home