Friday, July 14, 2006

48 Hours of Learning

Since Wednesday, I have been overseeing the house (i.e. the 2 dogs, 2 cats, and greeting my Dad when he comes in from work). Throughout the course of the past 48 hours, I have learned some of the joys of running a household from a different aspect. For instance, Homer (one of the cats) got sick all over the laundry room one afternoon. This morning, I woke up and upon walking into the den, I discovered my Dad had forgotten to let the dogs out before leaving for work, and there was a "lake" in the middle of the wood floor. Later this morning, I was driving to the infamous Donut Shoppe of Jacksonville, and picked up a slight hint that it was recycling/trash day when every house in our neighborhood was lined with blue recycling bins and large trash cans, expect ours. After a mad dash to reach my donut destination, one could observe me lugging trash, old newspapers, etc. down to the curb in effort to beat the trash men. Around 9:30, I sat down for a much needed quiet time, and told God I can handle anything but a lizard in the house.

10:20 AM I walked into the living room to find Homer pawing under the china cabinet and Howie sitting next to him triumphantly. That could only mean one thing...In that moment, I reminded God of my prayer from just a few minutes earlier. Grabbing a BIG flashlight I hesitantly peered under the cabinet--There, in a shadow of the corner sat a lizard.

At this moment, I have closed the doors (thankfully there are doors) to the living room, shoved towels under the door slots, and removed a very unhappy Homer and Howie. Hopefully, the little lizard will exit by means of someway other than near me.....It's going to be a long day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you hate lizards? They are more afraid of you then you are of them! If you want to be afraid of somthing, be afraid of spiders. Uggh.

6:57 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

I would take a spider over a lizard any day...Lizards chase me and fall out of trees on to me--I have many a story to tell.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, I think that spiders are more afraid of you and than you are of them too, Mr. Arachnophobia.

6:43 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

I saw a spider at camp this past week (just in case you were ever wondering about that pointless fact)...

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home