Friday, July 21, 2006

A 12th Year at Camp

Somewhere in the middle of this past week, I realized that this was my 12th week at Lake Yale--The camp where our church always takes our youth. Between being a middle school worker's daughter, to 7 years of camp as a camper, to getting to be a counselor a couple of times, I've grown fond of this campground. Last week I was a counselor for middle schoolers along with "Miss Jones," and we had 11 girls under our care.

We just finally finished unloading the car, and I'm finding the remaining dirt from Lake Yale amongst my things. God worked in our campers' lives....And sometime tomorrow after some much needed rest I'll tell you about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. My dad went there. They had to evacuate the lake because there were alligators in the swimming area.

6:53 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Fun times. They use a pool now--Instead of the lake.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Janna said...

They took out an alligator when I was on staff also. It was odd to watch. We used the pool for swimming, but the lake for the canoes and blob. There was a code name and symbol for when we say the gators. I remember when one was spotted at Vespers and Anne started waving her arms like Angels in the Outfield. Angels was the code were then. We quickly evacuated all the campers from Vespers without most of them knowing.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home