Friday, July 14, 2006

Lunchtime with Lizards

If you have not read the previous post, it would be helpful to do likewise before reading this entry.

Noon rolled around and still Homer, Howie, and I all sat contained in half the house while the lizard ran free in the other half. My friend, Lacy, called around lunchtime to see if she could run by to grab a bite to eat---And I gladly informed her she was welcomed, under one condition. Ten minutes later Lacy made her way to the infamous cabinet with me in tow carrying a broom, plastic cup, and paper towel. I gave Lacy her supplies, and backed away about 30 feet (just in case the lizard made any sudden moves). Five minutes later the lizard had managed to come out, run up the wall, scurry across the carpet, and was lodging under a chest. Lacy, by this time, was growing thin in patience, but I was constantly being the great encourager I am by clapping for her from a distance. Finally I heard Lacy say (in only the way she can), " 'Ello' " to the new found reptile and off she carried him out the front door in a pink plastic cup. A few seconds later she came in and said, "I think he's gone." I confronted her with "think, what do you mean by think?" She explained that when she got outside with the cup and looked inside, that he was gone, but she informed me that maybe he got flung out. So somehow, I'm not sure I should be comforted or not....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home