Friday, August 11, 2006

A College Woman & A Bookcase

These past couple of days...weeks...have been remarkably busy. Between getting settled back into my room, to going to Highview's Kids' Camp, to student orientation, the days have flown by.

Before the craziness of orientation was to ensue, I decided around 8 pm last night that I should go ahead and purchase a much needed bookcase and assemble it before Friday morning hit. After a trip to Target, I lugged a huge box of what-would-be-a-bookcase into my small dorm room. Upon removing the many materials of lumber, nails, and instructions, I found that I was beginning to feel like a carpenter. After I carefully separated all the screws, nails, and what-nots, I opened the instructions. The first words that hit me read, "Before you begin, You may find it helpful to have a helper while assembling unit." Helper was not available, so I told Jesus He was going to have to do a few things to make this work out well. Suffice to say, 2 hours later I managed to build a bookcase all by myself....It does wobble a little, but I'm sure it's suppose to do that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wash any good clothes lately?

10:50 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Perhaps. Maybe one day I can join y'all for a movie and wear my clean clothes...

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you didn't tell everyone about the wallet incident that goes along with this story??

7:46 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

your funny. somethings stay within the realm of our friendship...

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home