Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Trash Bags & Cell Phones

I have come to the strong conclusion that God laughed when He designed my life. Like Emily has reminded me countless times, I lead a very entertaining existence. Today for instance....

I awoke this morning ready to have a great day. The sun was lighting up my room, I was meeting my Mom at Starbucks-Life was good. In the first few moments of my "awakeness," I quickly came to the realization that my cell phone was not receiving calls or giving the desired calls I was trying to make. In frustration I drove to breakfast & together my Mom & I came to the disaster that my cell phone was beyond help. After an hour or so, my Mom managed to order a new phone (which is in route as you read by FedEx) & hopefully will arrive by Saturday. I feel alone in this world without a cellular connection to others...

Feeling distraught, I decided to take out my trash (hence room checks tonight), when I went to throw my trash in the dumpster, I took a little too much frustration out from the cell phone escapade and heaved the bag on top of the dumpster. I stared at the white bag mounted triumphantly on top of the dumpster and pondered for a few moments about whether to proceed in climbing up the side to retrieve my trash. After musing over the idea of falling in to the beloved dumpster, I walked away laughing at how it is only 11:05 AM and my day is off to a very interesting start....God must have a laugh hinting at His mouth right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home