Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Satisfied Single...

A couple of months ago I claimed the verse (somewhere in the Bible) that states, "whatever state I am to therein be content." How that verse has come alive in my heart and life! He has taught me that He provides enough joy, peace, satisfaction, & strength for the day. I was telling someone recently that if I dwell on the future too much I can become flustered and impatient. (ie- where is my knight in shining armor, I've been waiting all 20 years of my existence...) But how beautiful & calming it was to realize that I am only to focus on today. Not even ponder tomorrow. Christ provides all that I could possibly need for today. How that simple thought has overwhelmed my heart....

I love to think that God appoints
My portion day by day;
Events of life are in His hand,
And I would only say,
Appoint them in Thine own good time,
And in Thine own best way.--A. L. Waring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home