Friday, December 15, 2006

Trusting

Today, I read this devotional written by Amy Carmichael. The beauty of these words hit home:

"Let us listen to simple words; our Lord speaks simply: 'Trust Me, My child.' He says, 'Trust Me with a humbler heart and a fuller abandon to My will than ever thou didst before.'

'Trust Me to pour My love through thee, as minute succeeds minute. And if thou shouldst be conscious of anything hindering the flow, do not hurt My love by going away from Me in discouragement, for nothing can hurt love so much as that.'

'Draw all the closer to Me; come, flee unto Me to hide thee even from thyself. Tell Me about the trouble. Trust me to turn My hand upon thee and thoroughly remove the boulder that has choked thy riverbed, and take away all the sand that has silted up the channel.'

'I will not leave thee until I have done what I have spoken to thee of. I will perfect what concerneth thee. Fear thou not, O child of My love, fear not.'

Love, what is love?
Love is what inspired My life, and lead Me to My cross,
and held me on My cross.
Love is what will make it thy joy to lay down
thy life for thy brethern.
Lord, evermore give me this love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home