Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Christmas Story Through the Eyes of a 6 Year Old

I came across a "book" I created for my Dad for Christimas when I was six. With handdrawn illustrations included, I proceeded to "dictate" to my Mom the Nativity story. I give you my work of 15 years ago:

A Book for All Ages
By Lauren Duncan

Once upon a time in Nazareth, there was a girl named Mary and a man named Joseph. An angel named Gabriel came upon her and said unto her, "Fear not, for behold, you're going to get married to Joseph and you're going to have a baby who is going to be Christ the Lord." (Don't you just love the King James Version mixed with a six year-old brain?)
So they got married and they had to go to pay their taxes to Bethlehem. They went to every inn and they even begged to sleep on the floor, but there was no room.
But an innkeeper felt sorry for them and let them stay in a stable. And she had her son there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home