Sunday, October 08, 2006

Confucius was My Father

This past week I have been reading Boethius: The Consolation of Philosophy. With my perceptive, deep thoughts I possess concerning philosophy, here a few quotes from the book that I enjoyed...

"...He's suffering from lethargy, a disease common in abused minds. He has forgotten himself for a time, but he'll remember easily enough, since he knows us once before. And so that he can remember, let us just wipe his eyes for a time, eyes clouded with the cataracts of the human world."

"And so it is no your nature that makes you seem beautiful, but only the weakness of the eyes of those who look upon you. Go ahead, mortals, reckon the goods of the body as highly as you like, so long as you realize that this little something that you admire can be done away with by the paltry flame of a three-day fever."

"...Are you playing with me, weaving with your arguements a labyrinth from which I cannot find the path that leads out?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home