Monday, November 20, 2006

A College Woman and an Airplane

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of flying with me, you have missed out on one of the most entertaining experiences. I've often told my friend Emily, "People with big imaginations should not fly." They (as in my Mom) tell me that it should become easier to fly the more you do it....Well, 3 trips to the Philippines, a trip to Paris, and countless flights around the U.S. have not cast aside my flying "joys."

So, come last Friday morning, I was an energetic wad of nerves. J.V. and I were walking to breakfast and I turned to her saying, "I don't feel like I'm going to die today," to which I then added, "I'm so glad my emotions have control over the outcome of the flight..." Three hours later I found myself aboard a tiny aircraft with Delta plastered on the side of it. To borrow Dr.Mohler's wording on aircrafts, "It was like a tricycle with wings." As the engines started up and the wee craft made it's way into the air, I found myself intently saying Psalm 23 in my head while clinching my Great Books reading material. 45 minutes later we landed safely and I found myself in the beautiful chaos of the Atlanta airport.

In order to find my Dad and baggage claim I opted for walking there, how far could it be? 30 minutes later....
An hour after that, we found ourselves waiting in a long line for lost luggage....24 hours later I received my clothing from Delta airlines.

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for big airplanes, suitcases that arrive, and small airports...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home