Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mystery Ants

I have discovered that there are some "new friends" that have moved into my dorm room--The Ant Family. Little indeed, yet oh so mischievous. Occasionally I see them, but rarely do I get to enjoy this privilege. These wee things only make their appearance when there is food sitting by my window. Example: The other night I was making a baked potato. I had not seen my ant family in quite some time and thought to my joy that they had moved on to adopt a new roomate. My potato was cooking in the microwave and I set some cheese, sourcream, and butter on the window sill next to me. Since my attention was completely focused on caring for my cooking potato, imagine my suprise when I turned and found 5 little ants surrounding my cheese and forming a little line around the sour cream. I quickly removed the items from their pesky selves, turned to replace them in the fridge, and when I returned my attention back to the window sill sat in amazement at the disappearance of the ants. There was not a trace of an insect. They vanished in literally 6 seconds. I have yet to see my little ant family since that night, which often makes me ponder where they live, and what food they are investing their lives in, in my dorm room....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home