Thursday, May 04, 2006

Heart Moments

My AWANA nights are winding down. Last night marked the ending of official nights for my Sparkies before their "awards" ceremony next week. As I wandered the halls last night, one of my little girls scratched up her knee during game time and went to the front desk in order to receive a healing band aid. Her Dad, a police officer, walked by having just gotten of duty. Her little eyes peered up at him and she asked, "Are you protecting us tonight?" A smile played on his lips and he responded with, "Do you want me to be?" To which she vigorously nodded her head. As the night came to a close, the Dad came to pick her up at the classroom I was watching. Slowly they made their way down the hall, the tall man in uniform looking lovingly down at the little 2nd grade girl walking beside him.
In those short moments, I was again reminded of the love my Savior has for me. Sometimes it's nice just to be able to raise some big eyes of uncertainty to the face of One who knows and whisper, "Will you protect me right now?" And to always have the comfort of Jesus answering, "yes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home