Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Funeral

The Joe Bowl has offered many memories for a Southern/Boyce student. From picnics and study time, to ultimate frisbee and soccer games, it has been a refuge for fun in the sun. But tonight, this massive field held a more solemn note, for it is now a burial ground. Toto and I discovered a dead baby bird. To John's horror, I decided the "right thing" to do would be to bury it--So stick in hand, I dug a small hole by the side of a tree, instructed John to bring it over (too much complaining from him), and completed the bird's grave with flower and rock. John wouldn't listen to my pleas to say a little prayer for it, so I said one in my heart. Fascinating the things college students participate in at 10:00 at night, huh?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....

10:33 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I saw a dead squirrel on the road to Fuller a few nights ago. I'm sure that John is glad you two missed that.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home