Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Bible Comes to Life

Well, the post I made just minutes below on the craziness of finals may be well illustrated by this example:

Today I was finishing up the book of Psalms—due to the fact that my final for this class is tomorrow and the reading must be accomplished. Sitting out in the Jo-Bowl on a bench, I began to grow a bit weary of reading and found myself laughing over Psalm 105:34, "He spake, and the locusts came, and caterpillars, and that without number." Now, if anyone knows this campus, they are aware of the disgusting fact of all the caterpillars that come falling out of the trees (Mullins girls can sometimes be observed staring hesitantly up at the trees as they walk to Honeycutt or class). So this verse came to life as I sat on a particular bench under a caterpillar-infested tree. In my over-studied-state, I doodled (yes, in the margin of my Bible) a stick figure of an Egyptian walking under some scaffolding that was up against a pyramid with little caterpillars falling over it's head. The words, "AHHHH" can be found in a bubble over my Egyptian person, and in that brief moment, I truly could relate to the horror of the plagues in a new way....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That brings back memories of some of your other drawings in church...and trying to laugh without making noise but shaking uncontrollably...ah what fun!

3:16 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Remember how I cut some of Lacy's hair and stuck some of it in the pages of my Bible and found it during church a couple months later? I could not stop laughing! It's still there to this day...

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home