Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Heart Broken For A Nation

Memories flooded my mind today...Though the Philippines is on the other side of the world, it is held so near to my heart. I thought about the old man I witnessed to at a bus stop- People who werewalking by stopping and staring as a timid white girl got down on her knees next to him and quietly shared the Gospel....Of a little girl climbing up on the bench next to me and letting me play with her soft black hair....Traveling over miles and miles of hard terrain in order to preach to the furthmost city....Looking into the sad eyes of a Filipino Pastor and hearing the joy in his voice though his wife is filled with cancer....Presenting the Gospel to thousands, and knowing that one day I'll see that precious person in Heaven. Though I do not believe God is calling me to be a foreign missionary, I do know that He has broken my heart over the lost, and for this nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home