Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Casablanca

Casablanca is my Dad's favorite movie and one of my all time beloved films. Just tonight I sat with an awe-struck look on my face as I beheld the sad love story unfold..."Of all the gin joints in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine..."

As the movie comes to a bittersweet end, Rick turns to Ilsa in an emotionally charged moment and says, "Where I'm going you can't follow. What I've got to do you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now . . . Here's looking at you, kid." And with that she walks away into the mist... A good romance just makes my heart happy. Of course, my heart is just happy right now...

4 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

A three legged dog could make you happy right now :P

4:33 AM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

A three legged dog? Happy thought indeed...

5:39 AM  
Blogger AC said...

perhaps even a two-legged dog; by the way hows the laundry coming anyway? ;P

7:03 AM  
Blogger Bolo said...

I'm sure whoever is doing the laundry is quite happy. Come to think of it, whoever's not doing the laundry is pretty happy, too ;)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home