Sunday, September 18, 2005

Teaching 4th and 5th Graders Theology

Currently at Highview East we are experiencing growing pains in the children's department. Even though we have just moved into the new building, we are already lacking in space. Our 4th through 5th grade class has been on a growth spurt, and the need became apparent that we needed to divide the class. Welcome substitute teachers Miss Lauren & Mr. Jordan. (Jordan Anderson is a new Boyce student and brand new children's intern). Our classroom was a converted couples class and due to the craziness of this past week, I had no time to study my lesson. Therefore, the content of my Sunday School lesson contained the Creator vs. Naturalism...Sounded strangely similar to the midterm Jordan and I just experienced in Dr. Mohler's midterm. The little wide-eyed 4th and 5th graders did not know quite how to soak in my explanation of creation, destruction of sin, God's power and glory, or my explanation of countering naturalism. Jordan explained the plan of salvation and our reconciliation with God--Overall it was an intriguing hour to say the least.

I went to the Art Festival down at that Catholic School with my parents. Fun bonding experience. Back to reality--It's scandalous the amount of school work that can be required in one weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home