Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Missing Florida

Well, I made it safely back to Louisville around 3:00 AM Monday morning....My bags are in a heap on my dorm floor, untouched, still packed. Book reviews are due, it's a bit nippy in the air, and it's suppose to rain....And my thoughts turn back to Florida--Oh, why did I leave the beautiful, sunny weather, family, and good food for such a trivial matter as school? Amidst all these thoughts, I realized I dearly miss my cat, Homer. Pictured to the left, he had managed to fit into a LifeWay bag and seemed quite content in letting me take his picture before wanting to "play" bite Lauren's hand off....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homer, as in Homer Simpson? You should get more cats and name them Bart, Marge, Lisa and Maggie.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Bolo said...

Some people groups consider cats to be quite delicious.

12:24 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Homer is actually named after one of the pastors from my church, Dr. Homer Lindsay. We found the kitty under our car one night after church, scooped him up, and brought him home with us...Far from the naming after of a Simpson.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Jerry Vines was at First Jax?

7:17 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Dr. Lindsay and Dr. Vines co-pastored until Dr. Lindsay passed away in 2000. Dr. Vines retired last February, and now Mac Brunson is currently our new pastor. (Wow, that's alot of history in one comment...)

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Dr. Vines left. Did you know that Mac Brunson's daughter is my dad's secretary?

3:07 PM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Yes, we could all join hands and sing that beloved song, "It's a small world after all..."

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home