Tuesday, April 04, 2006

His Plan

Wednesday night when I arrived in my sickly state in Jacksonville, Josh and I had ended our journey from Louisville at our home church. I surprised my Mom in the Middle School building where she signs in visitors who are coming to our "Extreme Connection." Feeling quite ill, I curled up on the 4th floor of the building and waited for my parents to wrap up their duties with the middle schoolers. As I pondered the dizzy state of my existence, one of the workers came up to me and explained that a counselor was needed for some middle schoolers down in the basement. Truthfully, I felt awful in my unaware state of 101.7 fever, but knew that I needed to go down and counsel.

Grabing my Bible I leaned against the side of the elevator and prayed to God telling Him I had absolutely no strength and could in no way minister or be used effectively without His intervention. Reaching the basement, I saw a group of 3 girls sitting around a table, and after positioning myself in one of the fold-up chairs, was informed that one of the girls had just prayed the prayer at the end of the lesson. I was able to share and encourage this young girl in her new walk with Christ. As I left the table after sharing with the girls, my headache returned and I felt awful again, but realized in amazement that God had taken away my feelings of sickness from the moment I sat down, to the second I stood up. My Mom shared with me today as we drove to a store that the girl I had counseled with joined the church last Sunday morning and had brought a visitor with her. Praise God for how He beautifully orchestrates every moment of His plan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home