Monday, March 13, 2006

God's Will

How easy it is to pray, "Your will be done today," but not truly ponder those words as they leave my lips. Throughout my day I will sometimes find myself asking God why something has occurred in the way it has or why it is not panning out the way I expected it to. At times it can feel like a fog has completely engulfed me, and the future appears a bit out of focus. Today I picked up one of my favorite books, The Mystery of God's Will, by Charles Swindoll. Throughout the past couple of years I have found myself returning to this familiar writing and pondering its pages when I face a new season of life. I love what he says, "As the Spirit of God within you engages in various ways of leading you, working out God's will in you, you come to accept it, regardless of the challenges the future brings...Though you don't understand how, you trust it's part of the plan." I have found that God works in the most extraordinary ways in my life when I am faced with fully giving Him my plans and ways. Later in the book Dr. Swindoll quotes John Henry Jowett, "Ministry that costs nothing, accomplishes nothing." At times that can be a hard sentence to bite into...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home