Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sometimes I find myself late at night sitting in the Joebowl on a bench staring up at the stars and earnestly asking God about His will for my life. Tonight it was so still, the sky so clear, the calmness creeping in to my swirling thoughts. Flipping through a women's devotional I've used for a while, I ran across something Hannah Whitall Smith said, "Lord, I am Thine; I do yield myself up entirely to Thee, and I believe that Thou does take me. I leave myself with Thee. Work in me all the good pleasure of Thy will, and I will only lie still in Thy hands and trust Thee." Those words pierced my heart. Have I been living that out each day? Or have I only muttered something to that effect in a midst of hurriedness in the morning, and instead applied Lauren's ways to the outcome of the day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home