Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas with the Old People...

So I arrive home--After a long awaited trek through years of traveling from KY, I could not wait to walk into the house, smell the Christmas scents, and take in the familiar home features. But nay! I enter in, and behold, there is a new floor in the den and kitchen, and we have installed a FAKE Christmas tree! I gazed in horror and awe at the sight of the plastic fringes of what not adorning a plastic trunk and absent-mindedly wondered, "It does not smell like a Christmas tree, it smells like plastic!" To which my Mom gushed, "OOOOHHHH Look what I have!" And produced to my horrid countenance a bottle of Christmas tree scented air freshner which she exerted all over the room and up my nose, leaving me with an unsatisfied desire in my heart and itching nostrils....So begins my adventure with my "old parents" who have given in to the cult of fake Christmas trees....Happy week and a half in Florida.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Your mom rocks :) Tell her I said, "hi!"

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww.... I miss you Lauren. You might try Pine scented candles, I heard they are a good substitute.

Merry Christmas! See you in the New Year!

Laura

6:31 AM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Candles. (That word just triggers so many memories...)I miss you, Laura!

6:53 AM  
Blogger The Fosters said...

Toto- I shall send her your greetings...She loves to read your blog. Keeps up with it more than I do Ü

6:54 AM  
Blogger Bolo said...

I'm sure she reads it more than just to look for her name...*cough*...actually, she probably reads it at least partially for the same reason you do...to look for YOUR name ;)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home