Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Satisfied Single (for now)

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man has to be seeking Him in order to find it." (Random quote I read on someone's dorm door.)

I have been filled with such joy lately. True, part of this joy comes from the quick decision that this will be my only semester of Greek and that no other foreign language will ever make my acquaintance. But the other part of my joy comes from being in love. In love with who you may ask? With a man I'll one day call my husband....Though I don't know who he is or where he is, I'm thoroughly excited about the whole matter. Toto and Emily find great amusement in reminding me of my singleness and my desire to walk down in the aisle in anticipation of saying "I do," but I am ready to wait as long as it may take in order to receive God's best. Though my waiting may not always demonstrate perfect patience, He has a funny way of reminding me that it's worth the wait. I told Emily the other day that I want to marry the Godliest man I know of. (Though I be far from deserving that blessing.) I also found myself telling Toto that God truly does know the desires of my heart, and that the other night I left all in His hands. What comfort and joy I have experienced in placing my future man and plan in God's hands. (A rhyme is forming somewhere in there....) I can't wait to hold my husband's hand in ministry, but until then, God has my hands full with blessing beyond measure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home